Saturday, February 26, 2005

I have an issue...or two

Somedays it seems like the only women I find anymore--online and particularly on 1up--are teenagers and lesbians and bi-sexuals and more teenagers. This doesn't seem to represent the girl-gamer contingent or females at large very well. Were are the 20- and 30-something straight women? Do they not like the Internet? They must exist.

And I'm getting tired of the whole goth thing. Okay, you're dark and mysterious and disturbed. We get it. You don't need to wear it on your sleeve...literally. We all have inner debris just screaming to bust loose. You don't see me punching holes in my body excessively and having an entirely bleach-phobic wardrobe.

And why do girls have this uncontrollable urge to take off their clothes and let people film it. Of all the stuff I've seen on the Internet--good, bad, and ugly--I very rarely see the same woman twice. Is the "good girl" dead? SuicideGirls seems like the combination of all these ills in one place. Sure, it's great for the casual spectator (and whoever pays for access to that site); I just don't understand the impetus to be featured on it. Ladies, care to share your thoughts?

No comments: