Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Finally...

...the government does something right. Read on. In other news, I managed to start and quit a job before I even went to it. Rock on. I had to go with my gut on this one, and I'm optimistic about other things I'd rather do right now. I came to this city to do something different, and dammit, I will.

I called Rockstar today about my resume status on the Beta Tester and Ops Manager positions. They said it often takes about a month to get thru the resumes, so I've got some time to kill I suppose. I just hope to my chosen deity that I get either of those jobs. The guy on the automated phone menu has a British accent, and they make some of the most interesting, controversial stuff out there. What's not to like? Ahh, naivete.

I also picked up an app at the local paper (local as in 1 block from my apartment) for a writer/editor position. Can't hurt, eh? I also looked into advertising in the Times for my computer repair services (please feel free to email me if you live in the NYC area and are having computer problems), and just listing a classified ad online for 30 days costs $325. I shudder to think what it costs to run it in the paper itself. Maybe when I get a few more paychecks....

No comments: