Saturday, March 26, 2005

Free at last

I heard a while back that the division between rich, middle-income, and poor went something like this:

When you go to work, if your name is on the building, you're rich; if your name is on your desk, you're middle-income; if your name is on your shirt, you're poor.

It occurred to me tonite that New York gave me my first real job without a name tag. I suppose some of my writing and PC repair back in Ohio counts, but that didn't really pan out much.

Cheers to The Big Apple for helping me move up in the world.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Congratulations no-name! We're hovering in that in-between place where our name isn't displayed on our shirts, but it's not displayed on our desk, either.

We are the great anonymous. Or maybe my one glass of wine is getting to me already.

Cheers!

jim miller said...

remember in austin powers 3 where michael caine is flexing 'judo chops' on evil henchman, and he says to one (something like), 'look at your shirt, you don't even have a name! ...just fall down!'

okay, your turn...cameras rolling, cue sound, and action!