Friday, March 25, 2005

Reading gives me ideas...

Now I know why they try to ban books: they're informative! I'm about to finish off Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (the book, sillies; the games I finished long ago), and it sheds a lot of light on vegan extremists, bio-plagues, and how hard it is for police to find serial killers in the greater New York City area. God forbid I LEARN anything! Quick! Somebody stamp out literacy!

I'm also working on a book on good/bad scripts and screenplays. The author holds up Pulp Fiction as a revolutionary way of storytelling via film, since it shirks off most traditional story arcs, chronological paths, and such. It's a good movie, but I never really put that much thought into it. The author also points out all the big holes in The Usual Suspects that I never bothered to find.

It's the weekend, and I have no plans. I'm waiting for GameFly to send me some new games to review for MyGamer.com (unless 1up or one of the ZD mags wants to gimme a job), so I guess I'll park my ass on the couch and watch the entire Back to the Future trilogy followed with Superman 1 thru 4 (hopefully I'll fall asleep before 4). Or maybe A Bridge Too Far paired with Saving Private Ryan. Or maybe Road Trip and The Girl Next Door. So many choices!

No comments: