Sunday, December 04, 2005

WoW and Firefox

First of all, if you're not using Mozilla Firefox, go get it. It's the only browser worth using 99.999% of the time (except those rare occasions when you NEED to use ActiveX). Go, and behold the joys of tabbed browsing, popup blocking built in, and lots of other nice security features, as well as the best bookmark management I've seen in a web browser.

So I finally took the plunge. After months and months of Nick and Rachel and Rhane bugging me to do it, I signed up for World of Warcraft. And it's fun. I am afraid. Then again, it's not like I have a social life to lose or anything.

I was snooping thru the character types, trying to find something I liked. Usually I go for the nimble types, but the one that visually appealed to me most (just a smidge more than the lanky Night Elf with his glowy eyes) was the Tauren Shaman I'm rocking with at the moment. After a single day/night of playing, I've only died once and am up to about level 8. Good enough for me. I've picked up a few spells, namely Lightning, Earth Shock, and Healing Wave. Lightning and Earth Shock are handy to have together, especially with some of the critters around Bloodhoof that will hit you and try to run off. I whittle them down with Lightning from a distance, bash them in the head a few times with my Rock Mace, then when they try to run off, I Earth Shock them and they fall over kaput. Not too shabby.

So now the trick will be not letting WoW suck up my life. Can't make any promises there. I'm not really partying with anyone yet (outside of the aforementioned people who got me into it), so if you want to get together with me, look up my character Kneegrah in Aggramar. I'm still new to the whole thing, so if my chatting and/or party forming abilities are lacking, bear with.

And that, as they say, is all I got for now.

No comments: