Tuesday, January 03, 2006

It's not all bad

I've been a little bummed out the last few days due to an overload of drama around here, but I don't want y'all to think I'm always like this. Sometimes in life, all we see is the negative. Tsk tsk.

For one thing, last night wasn't a complete bust. I did discover the joy that is Rumplemintz and got to play air guitar with an off-duty NYPD officer to 'Enter Sandman' at the bar. We rocked. Lighters were lit to that grand performance.

I also got to play gin for a couple hours and did pretty well once we nailed down the differences between that and rummy.

I got to watch Karina's eyes glaze over when me and her friend Burt started talking computers. It was a joyous moment, and reminded me more and more that I need to get me a nerdy girl.

The bartender last night (at Smitty's, corner of 44th and 8th in Manhattan) was a total sweetie. She was really nice and took good care of me. I know it's just cuz I was drunk and had money, and maybe I was funny to watch, I don't know. But still, she took care of me for a few hours last night, and it felt nice. I like women, especially ones who smile at me.

Speaking of, the "friendly neighborhood spankstress" said I was cute....no, not just that, but cutER now that I'm bald as a baby mole. Whenever I see her lil pic comment, I feel like the king of the hill. When someone good-lookin' tells you you're good-lookin', somehow it just feels more special, like they're an authority. It sounds silly, I know, but some things shouldn't be reasoned out, just enjoyed.

By the time I head home this weekend, I will have been in NYC for about 5.5 days, a return to the modern Rome that has certainly had its ups and downs, but is a trip I'm not likely to forget anytime soon.

No comments: