Friday, January 13, 2006

Life's full of tough choices

I take a certain pleasure in asking people difficult "would you rather" questions that they aren't entirely comfortable even thinking about, let alone making a choice. For example, I'd ask a woman whether in the direst of circumstances, she'd rather have sex with her brother or her dad. Yes, it's fucked up. It's supposed to be.

Another would be to ask a mother of two, if she had to choose, which child she'd save and which one she'd let die.

I'm not sure what questions like this would pose difficulty to me. It probably wouldn't be family related, because--while I like my family--there are certain irrevocable distances when half your sibs are an entire generation older than you. I have a nephew as old as my cousin.

So, dear readers, in the end, the toughest choice would probably be something stupidly material, like whether I'd ditch my PS2 or my laptop. Actually, that's not even a competition, because my laptop is so much more multifunctional than my PS2. Both are entertaining, but a PC opens many, many more doors of entertainment and stimulation.

Thus, I pose it to you. Find a question I'm not comfortable answering, be it a "would you rather" or something else entirely. Make me sweat, people!

11 comments:

elvira black said...

Would you rather live in Ohio and be rich, or New York City and be poor?

Lord Boinkingham said...

That's a tricky question. It has to remain hypothetical, because certain things are really unlikely, like being "rich" in Ohio. Besides, that depends on how you define "rich." Money is one thing, but relationships, culture, art, diversity, family....all these things can be part of being "rich."

I'm not particularly drawn to Ohio, aside from a few friends and family. There are a lot of things about that state that are just plain depressing; lots of old memories, industries moving out, serious lack of jobs (or diversity of jobs) in some areas. Now if you'd asked non-specifically "small town and rich, big city and poor," that's a slightly easier question. I like the ease and accessibility and time saved living in a smaller town. I like the sense of community, that not everyone is anonymous, that you could potentially bump into someone you know or work with at the mall or grocery store. I like that. But I wouldn't mind living NEAR a big city, like NYC, so on the odd occasion that I crave craziness, culture, or diversity, I can get it.

That's about the best answer I guess I can give you at this point.

Leslie said...

Would you rather lose your penis but be with the most gorgeous, sweetest woman for the rest of your life?

OR

Would you rather keep your penis but never be with another woman again?

Leslie said...

Would you rather be named IMA YORE BITCH?

OR

SUCK MY BALLS?

Leslie said...

Would you rather be able to hold it up for 20 seconds at a time for the rest of your life?

OR

be sex god for one year and be limp for the rest of eternity?

Leslie said...

Would you rather live in summer your whole life but never be able to go outside?

OR

live in winter your whole life but be able to go wherever you want?

Leslie said...

Would you rather lose your sense of sight?

Or your taste?

Leslie said...

Would you rather have anal sex for 10 minutes with a man?

OR

make out for 30 minutes with a camel?

Leslie said...

Would you rather be obese but perfectly healthy?

OR

Very fit but always sick.

(Assume you live the same length of time)

Lord Boinkingham said...

Roughly in order, Leslie....

I'd give up my dick. And get a strap-on, a vibrator, and keep my tongue in shape.

IMA YORE BITCH cuz other people saying my name would be saying they were really MY bitches.

20 seconds at a time. There's always oral, and I can finish quick if need be.

Winter. I like watching it snow, and I like staying indoors much of the time. Bring on the ice ages!

I'd lose taste in a heartbeat. It'd improve my diet, being able to eat stuff that's "healthy" but tastes repulsive.

Man sex vs. a kissing a camel....hmm, depends on several things, like if the camel has any mouth diseases, if the guy has a hairy ass, a recent enema....well, I think I'd go with the camel. Just get me drunk first. It's easier to tell a guy that I kissed a camel than it is to explain why I had sex with another guy. Just trust me on this one. Kissing a camel isn't something I'd have to live down or talk my way out of. In fact, there are probably people I know out there who wouldn't find me kissing a camel the least bit surprising.

Since obesity IS a health problem, this one is a trick question. Besides, it depends on what kind of "sick" the fit me would be. A runny nose? Sure. I have that anyway. But crippling Polio or crabs? That's another story.

Leslie said...

Love the answers. So intriguing.