Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Just to Prove a Point

I went to the BMV today to get my new license. There was a gorgeous young lady working there. I asked for her number. She said, "I already have a boyfriend and I don't think he'd appreciate it."

This brings numerous things to light. For one, to those of you in the Intarweb community who repeatedly say I am "teh hawt" and you don't understand why I'm single, here's proof. It has nothing to do with her supposed "boyfriend;" it has everything to do with the fact that she and I currently occupy the same zip code. My hypothesis stands. (Might I remind the audience that my gf in NYC actually lived in Queens, which is a different zip code from Bklyn)

The OTHER big thing that this brings up is...WAY TO SOUND LIKE A FUCKIN AUTOMATON, YOU PUPPET! Do you sit and speak and roll over and this guy's beck and call? I just wanted to call you sometime. I didn't offer to replace the asssaxophone. I dunno, I guess I thought the phone was pretty non-threatening and anonymous. Way to sound like a submissive who can't decide anything for yourself.

So in some ways this makes me think she isn't worth the trouble. I'd HATE to have someone I was dating completely blow someone off just because they thought I'd be upset that they have opposite-sex friends. Funk that noise. No one who controls who their significant other spends their time with actually has a happy significant other.

On the other hand, I can *sort of* appreciate where she's coming from, being loyal and all that, but I'm more inclined to think it was an easy out, rather than telling me that she finds my visage terrifying and will need to sleep with the light on for a month just having seen it once. O, how I probably broke the web cam thingy they use to take licence pics and whatnot.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it. Either way, Miss In Training (that's what her nametag said), you are a beacon for everything I adore and loathe about dating and women and relationships, all at once. Congrats.

No comments: