Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Birthday, and Working Out Your Demons

Ordered the new laptop. Should be here sometime between the 15th and the 20th, sadly coinciding with the Wii launch, so I gotta decide what I want to see worse.

Laura's b-day has come and gone, and I think it was a relative success. Methinks it's more about figuring out and giving people what they want rather than just spending a lot of money on random stuff and activities.

To that end, we started the night (Stage 1) by going into Manhattan to see 'Jackass 2.' We loved the first one, and I might actually start tracking down the shows now. It reminds me of some of the stupid shit I did when I was a kid, and I gotta admire a lady who thinks stuff like the Ass Chug and the Fart Mask were seriously funny. Notice you never see any women on the sets for these stunts?

Stage 2 was a failed effort (Google Maps, how you have wronged me) to find a Taco Bell in the greater Brooklyn area. She's been mentioning how bad she wants to go there (fast food joints pale in comparison to mom-and-pop eateries here) so I tried to accommodate by surprise. Mission Failed. There was no Mexican food anywhere to be found.

Stage 3 involved her being led thru a darkened apartment towards the only light around, a lonely candle perched atop a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. I'd say that went over pretty well. :)

Stage 4 was sitting right there in a gift bag on the table next to the cake. I threw her some fluff about not being sure I got the right size or color, making her think I'd made an ill-informed clothing purchase when actually I'd picked her up a pink Nintendo DS Lite and a few games. I'd gotten her addicted to gaming again, and I think she was about to burn out on Unreal Tournament. Also, with her iPod getting stolen during her mugging a couple months ago, I thought she might want something to entertain her on the subway again. And what macho thug is gonna want to mug a girl for her PINK DS?

We've spent hours trying to top each other's Tetris scores and trying to get our hands and heads around the intricacies of Mario Kart DS. Sooner or later I'm probably gonna have to get my own DS, given how when one of us isn't messing with the thing, the other usually is. Sleep? Who needs it!

Now getting to rest of the title of this post. I made a funny, or at least I thought so. I had this idea to build a piece of workout machinery that, the faster you pedal it, the more you get sprayed with holy water and it more quickly reads aloud various passages from the Bible. What is this contraption, you ask? AN EXORCIZE BIKE!

{awaits thunderous applause....or crickets?}

One other thing. I watched 'Good Night, and Good Luck' last night, and while I appreciated what it was, who the people were, and what they stood for, as a movie, it left me wanting more. I realize this can happen when dealing with stories about true events, but I figured it'd run a bit longer than it did (not even 90 minutes), and have a little more closure. It just sort of...ended. Oh well, at least I can send it back and get the next disc in my GameznFlix queue.

1 comment:

elvira black said...

Lord B, it sounds like Laura is one lucky woman! Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!