Friday, July 13, 2007

Transformers

Many of you expected this by now, perhaps way sooner. Either way, I wasn't impressed with the new Transformers live action movie. I had a little trouble putting my finger on just what I so disliked about it, then I read this, which sums it up pretty well:
And I want to hear people stop saying, "But it was teh based on teh toys! It couldn't be good!" That's a bunch of BS.

The movie sucked for one very clear reason: a story about a teenage boy trying to screw the hot cheerleader.

Hold on a sec... WHAT THE F!)*$ DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH TRANSFORMERS?!?!

Thusly, I put to you this theory: Transformers, the live-action movie, sucked because of all the stuff UNRELATED to the actual Transformers toyline and cartoon.

PErsonally, I also enjoyed the original Transformer designs more than the movie ones. The whole Decepticons as evil demons with teeth? Hated it. And what about Optimus with a moving mouth? AWESOME!! WOO!! Not.
This from iceblast21 and can be found here. His comment about everything NOT having to do with the title characters is also what I felt ruined the hell out of Alien vs. Predator. If you're going to spend all the money getting these licenses, USE THE CHARACTERS. Have them on the screen THE WHOLE TIME, even if they're just doing something in the background. I tried to be forgiving of the vehicle redesigns in TF. But everything else about the movie was a disappointing sham. The CG is some of the best yet, but that's about as significant as a gold-painted cow pattie.

No comments: